While you may not think of it as something you can add into your diet every day, think again - here are some simple ways to enjoy it!
1/2 cup ricotta
5 strawberries, hulled and slices
1 Tbsp honey
1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
Place ricotta in a bowl, top with berries, honey and pepper!
Lemon-Dill Ricotta Muffins
1 cup quinoa flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp honey
1/4 cup chopped dill
2 Tbsp chopped chives
Zest of 1 lemon
1 cup Ricotta cheese
1 cup buttermilk
2 large eggs
4 Tbsp butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350
- Combine flours, salt, baking powder and soda, sugar, herbs and lemon zest in a bowl
- In a separate bowl, add ricotta and then beat in buttermilk and eggs.
- Pour ricotta mixture into the flour, along with the melted butter.
- Use a spoon or spatula to fold the ingredients together, don't over mix, a few lumps are ok.
- Place Large liners in a muffin tray
- Use an ice cream scoop to fill liner to the top.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 20-25 minutes.
Tip: You can flavour ricotta to be sweet or savoury, use in place of cream cheese on bagels.